Alan Thomson MRM P. Eng.
Mountain Station Consultants is an established independent environmental consulting company based in southern British Columbia. It serves clients throughout B.C., Alberta and northern Canada.
Alan Thomson P.Eng. is one of two founding principals of Mountain Station Consultants and has over 25 years of diverse work experience. He is a registered Professional Engineer (B.C.) and holds a Masters in Natural Resources Management from Simon Fraser University.
In all of his work, Alan draws from extensive experience and understanding of aquatic ecology and biology, environmental planning, and water resources engineering to find balanced and defensible solutions to often complex land development or preservation challenges. He emphasizes conservation and preservation, mitigation of probable impacts, and works hard to find win-win solutions for all stakeholders including the natural environment.
Present clients include all levels of regional, provincial and senior governments, First Nations, industry (mining, forestry, hydro-power), public utilities and academia throughout western Canada. Alan also works alongside several large multi-disciplinary Canadian and international engineering and environmental consulting firms.
Alan frequently assembles a multidisciplinary team to address specific project requirements. He principally works with aquatic and wildlife biologists, ecologists, foresters, and agrologists.
Agencies and Utilities
- BC Hydro
- Columbia Power Corporation
- Columbia Basin Trust
- Columbia Basin Fish and Wildlife Program
- Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
- Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Future
- Federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Federal/Provincial Climate Change Adaptation Program
- Federal Department of Indigenous and Northern Affairs.
- Parks Canada
- Regional District of Kootenay Boundary
- Regional District of Central Kootenay
- Resort Municipality of Whistler
- Fraser Basin Council
- ‘Namgis First Nations
- Okanagan Nation Alliance
- Ktunaxa First Nation
- Lill’wat First Nation
- Kwakiutl First Nation
- Kyuquot First Nation
- University of British Columbia Okanagan
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Community and Stewardship Societies
- Elk Root Conservation Farm Society
- Living Lakes Canada
- Slocan Lake Stewardship Society
- Granby Wilderness Society
- Friends of Kootenay Lake
- Slocan Integral Forestry Cooperative
- Centerra Mount Milligan
- KSM Seabridge Gold
- Novagold Galore Creek
- Fortune Metals Mt. Klappan
- Sherwood Copper Kutcho Creek
- Copper Fox Shaft Creek
Fish Habitat Assessment, Design and Construction Supervision
Stream Bank Erosion Control using Bioengineering Techniques
Riparian Area and Floodplain Restoration
Third Party Review and Critique
Project Planning and Management
Strategic Planning of Watershed Developments
Technical report writing
River engineering that incorporates fish habitat enhancements
Agricultural Land Assessments
If you wish to email please use the contact form below.